HGST, A Western Digital Brand, Provides Storage Products And Solutions That Support Every Stage Of The Workflow For The Media And Entertainment Industry
LAS VEGAS, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BROADCASTERS SHOW (NAB 2017), Booth #SL10105, APRIL 19, 2017 – Western Digital Corporation (NASDAQ: WDC), a leading global storage company, is showcasing how it is enabling production, broadcast and distribution companies to work more efficiently by delivering fast, flexible and scalable storage for every stage of the workflow. From object storage and all-flash arrays to hybrid cloud storage solutions, the company's HGST brand will lead discussions as well as showcase partnerships, customers and solutions that enable the M&E market to create, leverage and preserve data while improving productivity and lowering TCO for 2K, 4K, 6K, HFR and UHD workflows.
When: April 24 – 27, 2017
Where: NAB 2017, Las Vegas Convention Center, HGST Booth #SL10105
- EXPERIENCE: Learn more about the petabyte-scale ActiveScale™ family, with the P100 and recently added X100 systems, delivering on-premise and hybrid cloud storage at breakthrough economics for media archives in post-production workflows. Also explore how the InfiniFlash™ platform provides a high-performance, cost-efficient and high-density tier for big data workflows.
- ENGAGE: We are teaming up with best-in-class partners to deliver solutions for media workflows. In our booth you see joint archiving solutions with Atempo's ASG-Digital Archive software; new hybrid cloud options with Avere Systems; petabyte-scale file management with DataFramework's ClarityNow!™; automated content intelligence using Level's Beyond Reach Engine; and new archival data management possibilities using Versity® and QStar®. In addition, you can learn about our other partnerships with IBM® Aspera, CyanGate, Square Box Systems - CatDV, Tegile, Vizrt Viz One, and more.
- LEARN: Western Digital is changing the fundamental economics of data at all stages of the storage workflow from capture to edit to archive. In partnership with HGST's sister brand, G-Technology (Booth #SL3824), come hear about the upcoming solution that enables real-time editing workflows to move from file and block storage formats to long-term, cost-effective object storage archive.
- DISCOVER: Come hear HGST talk about delivering the possibilities of data in a panel titled, "A Walk in the Clouds." Also, HGST will be talking about "A View From the Frontier: How AI & Machine Learning Will Change the Game."
- IMMERSE: Learn how new partners like Sundance Institute will leverage object storage as well as Illumination MacGuff, who is creating and actively storing blockbuster animation films. The École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is also archiving more than 17,000 hours' worth of live music, video, and data from the Montreux Jazz Festival to make their 50 years of live performances available for generations to come.
- EDUCATE: theCUBE will be broadcasting live from HGST's booth, April 24-26 from 10am-6pm each day. Visionaries and thought leaders in the media and entertainment industry will be discussing key trends and workflow challenges, and exploring how today's surge of information is impacting, driving and changing the industry as we know it. To view the live stream visit http://www.ustream.tv/channel/46JDLDB263p.
About Western Digital Corporation
Western Digital Corporation (NASDAQ: WDC) is an industry-leading provider of storage technologies and solutions that enable people to create, leverage, experience and preserve data. The company addresses ever-changing market needs by providing a full portfolio of compelling, high-quality storage solutions with customer-focused innovation, high efficiency, flexibility and speed. Our products are marketed under the HGST, SanDisk and WD brands to OEMs, distributors, resellers, cloud infrastructure providers and consumers.
© 2017 Western Digital Corporation. All rights reserved. Western Digital, ActiveScale and InfiniFlash are registered trademarks or trademarks of Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners.