Western Digital To Demonstrate How It Is Disrupting The Economics Of Data With Hybrid Workflows At AWS re:Invent 2017
LAS VEGAS, AWS re:INVENT 2017, Booth #127, November 20, 2017 – Western Digital® Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC) will be showcasing how enterprises can unlock greater value from data by leveraging the scalability, flexibility and economic value of hybrid cloud for their workflows. Hear how Western Digital’s HGST-branded ActiveScale™ P100 and X100 object storage systems are specifically designed for petabyte-scale datasets, how they facilitate storing data forever, and leverage the company’s unique component-to-system vertical innovation to disrupt the economics of data. With Amazon® S3™ compatibility, the ActiveScale System enables enterprises to easily leverage the public cloud in a hybrid configuration for cloud-native applications—an approach proven to be economical and easy to manage at scale – without sacrificing the security, robust functionality and integration available with on-premises storage.
When: November 27 – December 1, 2017
Where: AWS re:INVENT 2017, Las Vegas, Venetian Expo Hall, HGST Booth #127
- How Western Digital, an innovator in storage, together with AWS, are disrupting the economics of data for analytical and backup workloads in Big Data and Fast Data applications.
- How to increase storage efficiency and enjoy savings of up to 70 percent over traditional backup methods when leveraging on-premises object storage and Amazon S3.
- How to augment existing local storage capabilities with the ability to burst analytical workloads to the cloud for processing, while retaining a copy of the data on site.
- How ActiveScale Systems, and its certified independent software vendors, such as StorReduce, Primary Data, and Elastifile, to name a few, help create hybrid cloud workflows that increase storage efficiency while decreasing total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Mon., November 27 from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM PT, Hiroshi Kobayashi, senior solution architect at Western Digital, will be participating in a breakout session (AMF304) titled “Optimizing Design and Engineering Performance in the Cloud for Manufacturing”.
- Wed., November 29 at 4:35 PM PT, Stefaan Vervaet, senior director of Cloud Strategies at Western Digital, will be hosting a demo session (DEM67) titled “Your data can live forever: How the storage pioneer and Amazon change the economics of data for backup and analytics.”
Keep the conversation going with:
#DataMakesPossible; #BigDataFlash; #DataAtScale
About Western Digital
Western Digital creates environments for data to thrive. The company is driving the innovation needed to help customers capture, preserve, access and transform an ever-increasing diversity of data. Everywhere data lives, from advanced data centers to mobile sensors to personal devices, our industry-leading solutions deliver the possibilities of data. Western Digital® data-centric solutions are marketed under the G-Technology®, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™ and WD® brands.
Forward Looking Statements
This news release contains certain forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the performance capabilities of our ActiveScale Systems. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements, including but not limited to, the risks detailed in our Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) filings, including our most recent Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on Nov. 7, 2017, to which your attention is directed. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements and Western Digital undertakes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.
© 2017 Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Western Digital, the Western Digital logo, G-Technology, SanDisk, Tegile, Upthere, WD, and ActiveScale are registered trademarks or trademarks of Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates in the US and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.