1.8TB, 1.2TB, 900GB, 600GB, 450GB & 300GB
Enterprise Hard Drive
1.8TB, 1.2TB, 900GB, 600GB, 450GB & 300GB
Enterprise Hard Drive
- Best-in-class Performance – 2.5X faster random write than prior generation 10K HDDs
- Best-in-class Capacity – Advanced Format models deliver up to 1.8TB
- Enterprise-class Protection – Multiple security and data encryption options
When you need to access to a lot of data, fast -- count on the compact, high-performance Ultrastar® C10K1800 enterprise-class HDD. Delivering up to 1.8TB of capacity, the drive helps you manage data growth in a smaller footprint. Innovations in performance give you the speed you are looking for: 12Gb/s SAS interface delivers high transfer rates between host and drive. Non-volatile media cache accelerates write performance even at high workloads and helps improve reliability and data integrity during unexpected power loss. With a 2M hour MTBF reliability rating and a 5-year warranty, you can trust your mission critical data to the high-performance Ultrastar C10K1800.
- Industry-leading 1.8TB capacity in a 10K RPM HDD, 50% more than prior generation
- Best-in-class performance:
- - 2.5X faster random write than prior gen
- - 23% faster sequential than prior gen
- Industry-leading 12Gb/s SAS interface moves more data quickly and reliability
- Advanced format (4Kn and 512e) and 512n models
- 128MB cache buffer manages data efficiency
- Advanced power management optimizes power consumption to deliver best-in-class power efficiency
- 2M hours MTBF rating and 5-year warranty
- Security & encryption models including ISE, TCG-SED & FIPS 140-2 certified TCG-SED
- Tier 1 enterprise-class, high-performance servers in data centers processing hot and warm data
- Traditional mission-critical enterprise-class servers and storage
- HPC, databases, OLTP and BP applications requiring high reliability and 24x7 availability
- Enterprise-class data security environments requiring increased security & easy drive retirement
- Databases and intense Online Transaction Processing (OLTP)
- Power- and space-constrained, mission-critical environments
HGST products identified within this document are BNST-free and in compliance with Canada’s Prohibition of Certain Toxic Substances Regulation, 2012.
REACH Certificate of Compliance for HGST Storage Products.
Identifies HGST storage products that comply with the European Union Directive 2011/65/EU on the restriction of use of certain hazardous substances (“RoHS Directive”).
This statement certifies that the Ultrastar C10K1800 hard disk drive meets the criteria for electronic products safety standards in all included regions.
HGST's comprehensive portfolio of enterprise-class storage products enables the most mission-critical use cases, ideally suited for today’s high-performance data centers.
This two-page document gives the highlights, best-fit applications, model,numbers and basic technical specs for the Ultrastar C10K1800 data sheet
This document details the functional and interface specification information for the Ultrastar C10K1800 hard drive
This document provides a high-level overview of Advanced Format hard drives, the latest 4K block structure used to storage information on hard disk drives.
Instant Secure Erase is a standard feature on HGST hard drives and solid state drives and provides several benefits for data center managers.
This three-page white paper provides an overview of the implementation and benefits of our Dual Stage Actuator technology, in use today on some HGST HDDs.
"End-to-end Data Protection is a feature in SAS and Fibre Channel HDDs that extends error detection to cover the entire path from the CPU to the hard drive media and back."
This white paper addresses the shift from ball bearing to fluid dynamic bearing motors, as well as the attributes and issues associated with each type of motor.
A technology white paper describing the development and application of iterative detection read channels in hard disk drives.
A white paper describing Perpendicular Magnetic Recording Technology, its implementation on hard drives and contrasts to Longitudinal recording
A white paper describing how low/unload ramp technology works and the many benefits to hard drive power efficiency, shock tolerance, performance, longevity and reliability.
A White Paper describing the benefits of Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and how help eliminate bottlenecks in the data center to ensure high-performance for the long term.
SAS- and SATA-based hard drives can now coexist within a system, so this paper helps you understand each of their respective attributes and intended environments.
A white paper describing the use of Thermal Fly-height Control (TFC) technology in HGST Hard Disk Drives.
TrueTrack technology is a series of significant servo inventions that increase hard disk reliability, increases robustness of the drive and eases system integration
This white paper describes how Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) anticipates disturbances and counteracts them - maximizing performance in the most arduous conditions.
|1.2TB||0B28807 HUC101812CSS200||0B31231 HUC101812CSS204||0B30871 HUC101812CSS201||0B31306 HUC101812CSS205|
|900GB||0B27976 HUC101890CSS200||0B31230 HUC101890CSS204||0B30870 HUC101890CSS201||0B31305 HUC101890CSS205|
|600GB||0B28808 HUC101860CSS200||0B31229 HUC101860CSS204||0B30869 HUC101860CSS201||0B31304 HUC101860CSS205|
|300GB||0B28810 HUC101830CSS200||0B31228 HUC101830CSS204||0B30868 HUC101830CSS201||0B31303 HUC101830CSS205|
|1.8TB||0B27978 HUC101818CS4200||0B31236 HUC101818CS4204||0B30881 HUC101818CS4201||0B31311 HUC101818CS4205|
|1.2TB||0B27977 HUC101812CS4200||0B31235 HUC101812CS4204||0B30880 HUC101812CS4201||0B31310 HUC101812CS4205|
|900GB||0B27975 HUC101890CS4200||0B31234 HUC101890CS4204||0B30879 HUC101890CS4201||0B31309 HUC101890CS4205|
|600GB||0B27974 HUC101860CS4200||0B31233 HUC101860CS4204||0B30878 HUC101860CS4201||0B31308 HUC101860CS4205|
|450GB||0B27973 HUC101845CS4200||0B31232 HUC101845CS4204||0B30877 HUC101845CS4201||0B31307 HUC101845CS4205|
|1.8TB||0B29921 HUC101818CS4200||0B31241 HUC101818CS4204||0B30876 HUC101818CS4201||0B31316 HUC101818CS4205|
|1.2TB||0B29920 HUC101812CS4200||0B31240 HUC101812CS4204||0B30875 HUC101812CS4201||0B31315 HUC101812CS4205|
|900GB||0B29919 HUC101890CS4200||0B31239 HUC101890CS4204||0B30874 HUC101890CS4201||0B31314 HUC101890CS4205|
|600GB||0B29918 HUC101860CS4200||0B31238 HUC101860CS4204||0B30873 HUC101860CS4201||0B31313 HUC101860CS4205|
|450GB||0B29917 HUC101845CS4200||0B31237 HUC101845CS4204||0B30872 HUC101845CS4201||0B31312 HUC101845CS4205|
- ISE = Instant Secure Erase
- SE = Secure Erase
- SED = Self Encrypting Drive (supports BDE and TCG Encryption)
- TCG = Trusted Computing Group Encryption
- TCG FIPS = Encryption w/FIPS