600GB, 450GB & 300GB
Enterprise Hard Drive
600GB, 450GB & 300GB
Enterprise Hard Drive
- Mission-critical Performance – 15,000 RPM for faster data access
- Best-in-class Power Management – Enables industry-leading power efficiency
- Enterprise-class Protection – Multiple security and data encryption options
When you need superior performance in a small form factor for mission-critical applications, trust the Ultrastar® C15K600 in your high performance computing (HPC) environment. Spinning at 15K RPM, this drive really performs; it delivers more than 38% faster sequential and 2.5X faster random write performance. We've also included a broad range of security and encryption features to protect your data. To maximize performance and valuable floor space, trust the HGST Ultrastar® C15K600.
HUC156030CSS20x *See values for x i
- 15K RPM performance
- Capacities up to 600GB
- Industry-leading 12Gb/sec SAS moves more data quickly and reliably
- --Compared to 15K 3.5-inch HDDs:
- --2.5X faster random write performance
- --14% faster random read performance
- --38% faster sequential performance
- --54% lower active and idle power
- --70% smaller footprint
- 2M hours MTBF rating
- 128MB cache buffer manages data efficiency
- Security & encryption models including ISE, TCG-SED & FIPS 140-2 certified TCG-SED
- High Performance Computing (HPC) & other high-performance, mission-critical applications requiring 24x7 availability
- Tier 0/1 enterprise-class servers and networked storage arrays
- High reliability blade, pedestal and rack-mounted servers
- Systems needing the highest levels of data security to meet compliance-driven requirements
- Databases and intense Online Transaction Processing (OLTP)
- Servers and storage arrays (DAS, SAN and NAS)
HGST products identified within this document are BNST-free and in compliance with Canada’s Prohibition of Certain Toxic Substances Regulation, 2012.
REACH Certificate of Compliance for HGST Storage Products.
Identifies HGST storage products that comply with the European Union Directive 2011/65/EU on the restriction of use of certain hazardous substances (“RoHS Directive”).
This statement certifies that the Ultrastar C15K600 hard disk drive meets the criteria for electronic products safety standards in all included regions.
HGST and SanDisk offer a comprehensive portfolio of enterprise-class storage products, ideally suited to help drive transformation in today’s high-performance data centers.
This two-page document gives the highlights, best-fit applications, model,numbers and basic technical specs for the Ultrastar C15K600 data sheet
This document details the functional and interface specification information for the Ultrastar C15K600 hard drive
This document provides a high-level overview of Advanced Format hard drives, the latest 4K block structure used to storage information on hard disk drives.
Instant Secure Erase is a standard feature on HGST hard drives and solid state drives and provides several benefits for data center managers.
This three-page white paper provides an overview of the implementation and benefits of our Dual Stage Actuator technology, in use today on some HGST HDDs.
"End-to-end Data Protection is a feature in SAS and Fibre Channel HDDs that extends error detection to cover the entire path from the CPU to the hard drive media and back."
This white paper addresses the shift from ball bearing to fluid dynamic bearing motors, as well as the attributes and issues associated with each type of motor.
A technology white paper describing the development and application of iterative detection read channels in hard disk drives.
A white paper describing Perpendicular Magnetic Recording Technology, its implementation on hard drives and contrasts to Longitudinal recording
A white paper describing how low/unload ramp technology works and the many benefits to hard drive power efficiency, shock tolerance, performance, longevity and reliability.
A White Paper describing the benefits of Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and how help eliminate bottlenecks in the data center to ensure high-performance for the long term.
SAS- and SATA-based hard drives can now coexist within a system, so this paper helps you understand each of their respective attributes and intended environments.
A white paper describing the use of Thermal Fly-height Control (TFC) technology in HGST Hard Disk Drives.
TrueTrack technology is a series of significant servo inventions that increase hard disk reliability, increases robustness of the drive and eases system integration
This white paper describes how Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) anticipates disturbances and counteracts them - maximizing performance in the most arduous conditions.
|600GB||0B28953 HUC156060CSS200||0B30356 HUC156060CSS204||0B28989 HUC156060CSS201||0B30365 HUC156060CSS205|
|450GB||0B28954 HUC156045CSS200||0B30357 HUC156045CSS204||0B28990 HUC156045CSS201||0B30366 HUC156045CSS205|
|300GB||0B28955 HUC156030CSS200||0B30358 HUC156030CSS204||0B28991 HUC156030CSS201||0B30367 HUC156030CSS205|
|600GB||0B28986 HUC156060CS4200||0B30362 HUC156060CS4204||0B29370 HUC156060CS4201||0B30371 HUC156060CS4205|
|450GB||0B28987 HUC156045CS4200||0B30363 HUC156045CS4204||0B29371 HUC156045CS4201||0B30372 HUC156045CS4205|
|300GB||0B28988 HUC156030CS4200||0B30364 HUC156030CS4204||0B29372 HUC156030CS4201||0B30373 HUC156030CS4205|
|600GB||0B28983 HUC156060CS4200||0B30359 HUC156060CS4204||0B28992 HUC156060CS4201||0B30368 HUC156060CS4205|
|450GB||0B28984 HUC156045CS4200||0B30360 HUC156045CS4204||0B29368 HUC156045CS4201||0B30369 HUC156045CS4205|
|300GB||0B28985 HUC156030CS4200||0B30361 HUC156030CS4204||0B29369 HUC156030CS4201||0B30370 HUC156030CS4205|
- SE = Secure Erase
- SED = Self Encrypting Drive (supports BDE and TCG Encryption)
- TCG = Trusted Computing Group Encryption
- TCG FIPS = Encryption w/FIPS