Still Using Tape to Protect Your Business?
Traditional backup appliances and magnetic tape systems can’t handle the demands of today’s data growth. HGST helps enterprises modernize their data protection with a high-speed private cloud platform that protects data for longer at a lower cost than slow unreliable tape.
ActiveScale high-density storage enables data to be stored securely, efficiently and cost effectively and can help organizations modernize their data protection environments with:
- Up to 52% lower TCO versus tape
- Up to 70% lower TCO versus backup appliances
- Up to 80% lower management overhead
Store data cost effectively for long periods of time or forever
Magnetic tape has been the primary technology used to store large amounts of data for compliance purposes. The primary draw being that tape is inexpensive. However, many organizations fail to understand the true TCO of tape.
ActiveScale high-density low-cost private cloud enables data to be stored efficiently and cost effectively for long periods of time or forever if needed.
ActiveScale saves money and reduces overall TCO by:
- Eliminating off-site tape costs and risks
- Optimizing data with advanced technologies like deduplication
- Eliminating the need to handle, manage and track tapes
The right data in the right place at the right time
HGST innovates at every level of the storage stack from the drives up to deliver some of the densest storage systems on the planet. Our partners provide unique and powerful solutions to maximize storage efficiency and deliver unified cloud storage and file services across data centers, branch offices and mobile users.
The combined solution helps end the dependency on costly legacy file servers, silos of disk storage systems and outdated tape libraries to create a continuous data management environment for large-scale businesses and delivers:
- Increased performance thru I/O optimization
- Cost savings thru automated movement of data to the right tier
- Seamless access to data in traditional, virtualized and cloud environments